Is finding a job in the UK difficult for Indians?
Not always. Given that the UK’s immigration system is undergoing a massive change, it is going to get much easier for Indians to get a job in the UK. With the UK’s New Immigration system solely focusing on the skills that you possess rather than the country you belong to, getting a job for skilled Indians is going to get easy. This is especially the case for Indians who have a background in a STEM subject. To know more about how the UK’s new system benefits Indians, click here.
How to get a job in the UK from India?
- Step 1: Check the list of Shortage Occupation in the UK. It is a list that indicates the jobs where the UK is facing shortage of manpower.
- Step 2: See if you can find which you can apply to in that list. If your skills do not fit any roles listed there, simply look for jobs as mentioned in the next step.
- Step 3: Look for companies that have the relevant positions available. You can browse for various companies on Monster, Indeed, CV-Library etc.
- Step 4: Check the companies’ requirements and prepare your CV accordingly.
- Step 5: Ensure that the companies that you are applying to are licensed sponsors in the UK (who is a licensed sponsor?)
- Step 6: Calculate the number of points you will secure (under the new immigration system) if you get a job. You can find more information about it here.
- Step 7: If you get a job and if you score 70 points basis the new immigration system, you will get a visa.
What work visa should I apply to get a job easily in the UK?
There is no easy way to get a job in the UK. To be able to move to the UK for work, you need to have a job offer from a licensed sponsor in the UK. You are highly advised to look for jobs on job portals like Monster, Indeed, CV-Library and LinkedIn. If you find a role that matches your current skill-set and the company that is offering that role is a licensed sponsor, then simply prepare your CV and send in your application.
Alternatively, you can think of getting a degree from the UK. It might increase your chances of securing a job. If you happen to have a PhD in a STEM subject, then getting a job would be much easier in the UK.
Is it a good idea to work in the UK with the new immigration system?
Yes, especially if you have a background in a STEM subject. The UK’s new Immigration System favours those people with skills rather than the country they come from. Moreover, from January 2021, the Europeans will not have any unfair advantage over any other international worker as they would have to apply for a visa to work in the UK just like we Indians have to. Therefore, our technical skills, English language ability, and background in STEM subjects will come in handy.
To know more, you can watch the video below.
What kind of jobs are easy to get in the UK for Indians?
If you have a background in a STEM subject, then getting a job in the UK would be easy for you. This is because the UK’s new Immigration System favours people who have a background in those subjects. Alternatively, you can even check out the list of shortage occupation in the UK. This is a list of roles for which the UK does not have enough manpower. If you can apply for one of those roles, getting a visa would be easier.
What is Tier-2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa in the UK?
It is a visa which is offered to you if the company you are working for currently decides to send you to its UK branch. If that is the case, then you have to apply for the Intra-Company Transfer Visa. You should have a minimum of INR 38,65,000 (£41,500) if you are a long-term staff and INR 21,45,000 (£23000) for graduate trainees. You can find more information about this visa here.